Oh dear, here we bloody go again. Poor old Samsung just can’t catch a damn break. According to the Associated Press, a Samsung Galaxy J5 smartphone caught fire in Pau, France over the weekend. 

You’ll Never Guess What’s Started Happening To Samsung’s Galaxy J5s

As you’re very likely aware, Samsung recently recalled and completely stopped production of the Galaxy Note7, which was more of a hand grenade than a smartphone. 

The owner of the latest mobile hot potato, Lamya Bouyirdane, allegedly tossed the phone across the room when she saw that it had “swollen up” and was smoking, like that buff wanker that’s always huffing darts outside the gym. It then lit up and the back blew off completely. Luckily, the fire was put out before anyone was injured. 

You’ll Never Guess What’s Started Happening To Samsung’s Galaxy J5s

Bouyirdane said the phone was purchased in June in Morocco and had no issues dealing with the hot climate. Released in July 2015, the Galaxy J5 was reviewed as a decent budget alternative to the premium range of the company’s smartphones.  

To make matters worse for Samsung, they had to recall 2.8 million washing machines last week due to safety issues. We’re beginning to think that either they’ve been cursed by a pissed off witch or someone down at engineering has a terrible sense of humour.  

Source: Associated Press.

Photo: Twitter / @sudouest.