Feeling like you really just wanna fuck up your guts and blow a hole out the side of your dunny bowl this weekend? Look no further my good bitch, because a bloke in Sydney has dreamed up the ultimate iso comfort snack: fancy Camembert cheese-stuffed garlic bread.
I know what you’re thinking – cheese-stuffed garlic bread fully already exists. Which yes, it does, but have you considered to make the cheese Camembert? Baking that shit turns it into a mess of molten goodness so indulgent you’ll probably have to lie down for a bit afterwards.
Caleb St. Ather whipped up this bad boy on his Instagram recently, which involves a loaf of bread, a fuckload of garlicky-herby butter, and a whole wheel of Camembert cheese. Snacks making snacks, I have to respect it.
I mean I’ve made a cob loaf before where I baked a whole wheel of double cream Camembert and it was fucking life-changing, so I can imagine doing a similar thing with garlic bread (another supreme carb) would be just as incredible.
The recipe that Caleb dreamed up on a hungover morning goes as follows:
Baked Camembert Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf unsliced crusty bread
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 Camembert wheel
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Cut nine thick slices into your loaf of bread about 3cm apart, being careful not to slice through to the bottom. Place bread on a paper-lined baking tray.
- Mix oil, garlic and parsley in a cup.
- Spoon garlic mixture into each slice, and spread it evenly across the bread slice.
- Slice your camembert into nine generous slabs.
- Shove a hunk of camembert into each bread slice.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes and serve immediately.
I’ll admit, I think Caleb’s being a bit frugal with the garlic here. As we all know, the limit to garlic simply does not exist so if you wanna blow your head clean off your shoulders with that spicy clove, absolutely go for it.
Anyway, at the end of the 20min bake, you should have something that looks a bit like this:
I dunno about you but maybe I’ll bake a whole loaf of bread and then turn it into this, and then eat it right before bed on the weekend. What’s a bit of cheesemares between friends in iso? No other greater time than to fuck up your guts when you’re just at home full-time anyway, right?