NSW and Victoria are both on high alert, after two separate people tested positive to COVID-19. Both states have released a list of exposure sites and you all know the drill by now: if you have symptoms, get tested. If you’re a close contact, isolate for 14 days. Let’s all manifest that this doesn’t turn into a third wave, okay?
In NSW, a returned international traveller tested positive on Day 16, after completing their 14 days quarantine. Their positive case was only caught due to beefed up measures from NSW Health where returned travellers are also tested on Day 16, a.k.a. two days after they’re let out of quarantine.
Investigations suggest the person’s case was caught overseas – in other words, they did not pick it up in quarantine. They also returned two negative tests during their quarantine period, so the fact that they returned a positive test later is somewhat alarming.
Before returning the test, this person visited a number of venues in Wollongong and Brighton Le Sands.
NSW Contact List
Anyone who attended these venues should immediately get tested and isolate until told otherwise:
- Headlands Hotel, Austinmer, Tuesday 2 February 1pm to 3pm
- Bulli Beach Cafe, Bulli, Saturday 6 February 1.30pm to 4pm
Anyone who attended these venues should immediately get tested and isolate until you receive a negative result (and if symptoms appear, get another test):
- Mootch & Me, Brighton Le Sands, Tuesday 2 Feb 10.54am to 12pm
- Optus, North Wollongong (17 Flinders St), Thursday 4 Feb 1pm to 1.15pm
- Officeworks, Fairy Meadow, Thursday 4 February 3.45pm to 4.05pm, and Friday 5 February, 3pm to 3.25pm
And finally, anyone who attended these venues should monitor for symptoms and get tested if they develop:
- Woolworths, Bulli, Wednesday Feb 3 9.30am to 10am
- Corrimal Memorial Park, Corrimal, Wednesday Feb 3 12pm tp 1pm
- Thirroul Beach, Thirroul, Wednesday Feb 3 3pm to 4.30pm
- Sublime Point Walking Track, Madden Plains, Thursday Feb 4 8.30am to 10am
- Figtree Grove Shopping Centre (in particular: Australia Post, Kmart, Blooms the Chemist, Subway), Thursday Feb 4 2pm to 3.30pm
- Fedora Pasta Factory, Fairy Meadow, Friday 5 Feb 3.30pm to 3.35pm
In good news, tests indicate the person had a low level of infection. Their household contacts are already isolating.
[Newsreader voice] Over to Victoria… a hotel quarantine worker at the Holiday Inn at Melbourne Airport tested positive to COVID-19.
They returned a negative test on Feb 4, returned to work on Feb 7, developed symptoms, and then returned a positive test.
Victoria’s Department of Health and Human Services is in the process of alerting their close contacts, and has flagged an initial list of exposure sites. That includes the Dan Murphy’s in Sunshine on both Friday (5.30pm to 6.30pm) and Saturday (6.50pm to 7.30pm).
Saturday 6th February 2021— VicGovDH (@VicGovDH) February 7, 2021
– Off Ya Tree Watergardens: Taylors Lakes – 1:17pm – 1:52pm
– Dan Murphy's: Sunshine – 6:50pm – 7:30pm
If you have been at an exposure site in the specified times, you are required to immediately isolate, get tested and remain isolated for 14 days.
You can stay up to date with the full list here.