FESTY AS: Couple Discover Live Maggots In Steak At Nth Sydney Restaurant

A Sydney couple have shared a video online seemingly showing their meal purchased at a North Sydney restaurant crawling with live white worms.

Stella Kim and partner Sushil Lamichhane were celebrating their 1000 day anniversary at The Ranch in North Ryde with two other friends when one of their steaks arrived riddled with moving, maggot-like worms.

In a public Facebook post, Stella comments:

 I would like to share my horrible experience at The Ranch Hotel, North Ryde on Wednesday night 27th Sep. 2017.

We ordered steaks and one of our steak was full of worms. Live worms coming out of the steak. We couldn’t believe this was happening at one of the big restaurant in Australia. Don’t know how many people are affected by this.

She goes on to state how The Ranch has since been deleting their negative reviews on their Facebook page.

The couple has put in a report to the local food authority.

I hope NSW Food Authority City of Ryde take some actions to deal with this offensive and disgusting service, as they are putting a lot of diners at risk. I wish no one has to go through this horrible experience. We have lost our appetite.

The Ranch claim that maggots or fly larvae, can’t really survive in the kind of temps required to cook a steak and reckon it got there somehow post-cooking.

In a statement a representative says:

Our investigation revealed that the incident was due to blowfly larva laid after the meal was cooked, as it is not possible for larva to survive the cooking process.

The Ranch Hotel served 262 steak meals on the day with no similar instances or concerns raised by any other customer. All our kitchen staff are experienced and accredited in food safety and The Ranch stands by its food safety record and processes.

The couple have had their meals refunded.

However the worms got there, one thing is definite. This is fucken grot as hell and I wish I hadn’t written this just before dinner.