V Raw is kinda like the Cupid of jobs. Through some unfathomable combination of timing, divine intervention and luck the initiative has united eager young souls with established creative workplaces (including Pedestrian) for two years now. Today’s Universal Music gig marks the last week of internships for 09 so if you’ve yet to win an internship or even worse haven’t applied for any yet (what’s wrong with you?) today’s the day to jump in front of Cupid’s arrow. If A&R ain’t your thang remember there are still four other internships available: Junior Fashion Assistant at Hussy Clothing, Production Assistant at Mediasauce, Office Legend at Modular, Marketing Assistant for the Kustom Airstrike Event. Apply now at It All Starts With V.
A&R INTERNSHIP: This is a truly rare opportunity for a passionate school graduate/University student in Sydney to gain hands-on experience with Universal Music’s A&R department. This internship is 3-4 days per week over one month.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS: Enthusiasm, energy and a strong passion for music.
This is an amazing opportunity, reporting directly to an A&R Manager and Creative Manager – A&R.
Experiences offered in this internship may include, amongst others depending on artist scheduling:
– Visit a studio – join an A&R team member at an artist recording session at a Sydney studio.
– Visit a set – Go to a photo/video shoot with an A&R Manager.
– Meet the band – have photos and interview time with the band/artist.
– Lunch with a photographer/video director – meet, interview and discuss the career of a renowned photographer or video director.
– Learn about the process of signing a band, recording a demo, selecting track-listings, selecting a producer and budgeting from an A&R Manager.
– Learn about the creative process including artwork for a band, pitching jobs to the designers and the process of a photo/video shoot from an Creative Manager.
– Learn about the job of artist scouts. Working for a label – the expectations and the reality. Gain tips on scouting bands!!
Universal Music is a global leader in the music business with an enviable roster including: The Killers, Kanye West, Rihanna, Fall Out Boy, Lady GaGa, The Presets, Sam Sparro, U2, The Pussycat Dolls, and Snow Patrol.