Exercising sucks at some point no matter how much you froth putting your body through physical strain on the regular. Eventually, your muscles will scream at you to stop. Maybe your lungs will feel like they’re on fire and/or air will feel like a luxury. It’s here that you need to enter “beast mode” – that humanoid level of energy output that occurs at the point in your workout where you actually think you might die from sportsing.
But you can’t just move into beast mode like it’s NBD. Well, you can’t if you’re me, at least. I need audio assistance. I need the songs that’ll propel me forward when I want to lie down in the middle of the pavement and have a sleep. When I want to punch myself in the face rather than lift another weight. The songs that make me push harder than I thought was humanly possible for my weak bod.
Friends, in case your running/gymming/whatevering playlist needs a bit of help, I’m here for you. I’ve polled all my fitness-loving friends (and a few who fucking hate it because who needs more of a music-related push than someone who vomits at the thought of sport?) for their best beast mode tracks. Add to Spotify, immediately.
1. Losing It – Fisher (Der)
2. Tribe – Theophilus London / Jesse Boykins III
3. Something Good 08 – Utah Saints
4. I Don’t Give A Fuck – BOSS
5. Warp 1.9 – Bloody Beetroots Ft. Steve Aoki
6. Embrace – PNAU
7. Rockstar 101 – Rihanna Ft. Slash
8. Bodak Yellow – Cardi B
9. New Millennium Homes – Rage Against The Machine
10. Come And Get Me – Death Grips
11. Executioner’s Tax (Swing Of The Axe) – Power Trip
12. Holy Fuck – SHT MTN
13. Pogo – Digitalism
14. On Sight – Kanye West
15. Milk Lizard – The Dillinger Escape Plan
16. 20 Nothing – Zeahorse
17. Antisocial – Anthrax
18. Breathe – The Prodigy
19. You Might Think He Loves You For Your Money… – Death Grips
20. I Go Hard, I Go Home – The Presets
Our gift to you. Happy workout / entering beast mode.Image: Batman