Grain of salt, grain of salt, grain of salt but anyway according to the sources at PEOPLE, who curiously are usually right, Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra are ENGAGED.
Per the ~ industry insider ~ Jonas shut down a Tiffany store to buy an engagement ring. The 25-year-old then apparently proposed in London during Chopra’s 36th birthday celebration.
Despite this being a source story Chopra’s director from the film Bharat, Ali Abbas Zafar, announced via his Twitter that the 36-year-old had decided to leave the project for a “special” reason.
No really, Zafar’s cryptic tweet reads:
Yes Priyanka Chopra is no more part of @Bharat_TheFilm and the reason is very, very special. She told us in the Nick of time about her decision and we are very happy for her… Team Bharat wishes @priyankachopra loads of love and happiness for life.
Yes Priyanka Chopra is no more part of @Bharat_TheFilm & and the reason is very very special , she told us in the Nick of time about her decision and we are very happy for her … Team Bharat wishes @priyankachopra loads of love & happiness for life 😊😉😍
— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) July 27, 2018
THAT IS SUSS.
Although, he hasn’t deleted the tweet which is what one usually does if they’ve ‘accidentally’ let the news slip. @ Stephen Baldwin.
As far as the general public knows, Jonas and Chopra made their the relationship known two months ago when the two were spotted on numerous dates in both New York City and India. Fans also noticed plenty of comments on each other’s Instagrams which is all the rage these days, kids.
Usually, people would scoff and say “Surely not” but after Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson announced their engagement followed by Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin… well, anything’s possible.
So far, both actors and their representatives have been quiet on the subject.
Most recently, Chopra was included in the Variety Top 500 – an index celebrating 500 of the most influential individuals across the world from multiple industries.