As is tradition, the day before the Academy drops its Oscar nominations for 2019, the Golden Raspberry awards have revealed their own slate of nominations, honouring the absolute shittiest films 2018 had to offer. And weirdly enough, it’s President Donald Trump who is being recognised for crimes against cinema in this year’s Razzie awards, picking up a dual-pronged nomination in, would you believe, the Worst Actor category.
In typical Razzies fashion, Trump scored the Worst Actor nomination for his work in two films that were released last year – albeit unwitting work, to say the least.
The 45th President of the United States and man who once tried to sell steak at an electronics store scored the nominations for appearances in Michael Moore‘s mostly decent documentary Fahrenheit 11/9, and conservative pundit Dinesh D’Souza‘s bafflingly shitty doco Death of a Nation.
Trump also scored nominations from both films in the Worst Screen Combo category alongside, quote, “His Self-Perpetuating Pettiness,” while both Melania Trump and Presidential counsellor Kellyanne Conway received Worst Supporting Actress nominations for Fahrenheit 11/9.
The typically tongue-in-cheek nominations both rightfully acknowledge the missteps of Hollywood throughout the past twelve months, while simultaneously taking the piss out of the whole awards process.
In this year’s nominations, Gotti, The Happytime Murders, and Holmes & Watson scored the most nominations, with each film picking up 6.
Cop the full list of Razzies noms below.
- The Happytime Murders
- Holmes & Watson
- Robin Hood
- Etan Cohen – Holmes & Watson
- Kevin Connolly – Gotti
- James Foley – Fifty Shades Freed
- Brian Henson – The Happytime Murders
- The Spierig Brothers – Winchester
- Johnny Depp (voice only) – Sherlock Gnomes
- Will Ferrell – Holmes & Watson
- John Travolta – Gotti
- Donald Trump – Fahrenheit 11/9 and Death of a Nation
- Bruce Willis – Death Wish
- Jennifer Garner – Peppermint
- Amber Heard – London Fields
- Melissa McCarthy – The Happytime Murders and Life of the Party
- Helen Mirren – Winchester
- Amanda Seyfried – The Clapper
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
- Chris “Ludacris” Bridges (voice only) – Show Dogs
- Jamie Foxx – Robin Hood
- Joel McHale – The Happytime Murders
- John C. Reilly – Holmes & Watson
- Justice Smith – Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
- Kellyanne Conway – Fahrenheit 11/9
- Marcia Gay Harden – Fifty Shades Freed
- Kelly Preston – Gotti
- Jaz Sinclair – Slender Man
- Melania Trump – Fahrenheit 11/9
WORST SCREEN COMBO
- Any Two Actors or Puppets (Especially in Those Creepy Sex Scenes) – The Happytime Murders
- Johnny Depp & His Fast-Fading Film Career (He’s doing voices for cartoons, fer kripesakes!) – Sherlock Gnomes
- Will Ferrell & John C. Reilly (Trashing Two of Literature’s Most Beloved Characters) – Holmes & Watson
- Kelly Preston & John Travolta (Getting BATTLEFIELD EARTH type Reviews!) – Gotti
- Donald Trump & His Self-Perpetuation Pettiness – Death of a Nation and Fahrenheit 11/9
WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL
- Death of a Nation (remake of Hillary’s America…)
- Death Wish
- Holmes & Watson
- The Meg (rip-off of Jaws)
- Robin Hood
- Dinesh D’Souza & Bruce Schooley – Death of a Nation
- Niall Leonard – Fifty Shades Freed
- Leo Rossi and Lem Dobbs – Gotti
- Todd Berger and Dee Austin Robinson – The Happytime Murders
- Tom Vaughan and The Spierig Brothers – Winchester
The 2019 Razzies are due to be handed out on Sunday, February 23rd Australian time, the day before the Oscars ceremony.
Few, if any, of the nominees are expected to attend in person to accept their potential awards.