The time has come, my fellow food-delivery fiends: Deliveroo has released its eagerly-anticipated stats for 2019, compartmentalising all the world’s ordering habits into juicy, bite-sized facts. And it’s pretty damn fascinating. Shall we dive in?
Let’s talk cuisines. The good ol’ burger has taken the crown as the most ordered food in the country (which surprises literally no one), followed by Thai and then Italian.
In the battle of the cities, over half of the most ordered dishes came from Sydney. Melbourne boasted 22% of orders, with Wollongong and Geelong nabbing bronze with 10% each.
Here are the top things we ordered in Oz:
- Tommy the Chook from Boss Burger Co. – Geelong (6th in world)
- The O.G. from Fishbowl – Bondi, Sydney (19th in world)
- Charsiew Noodles from Hawker Chan – Melbourne (40th in world)
- Burrito from Guzman Y Gomez – Wollongong (47th in world)
- Little L Combo from Little L Chicken and Burgers – Sydney (61st in world)
- Pad Thai Box from Wok It Up! – Gungahlin, Canberra (80th in world)
“It’s long been the team’s ambition to live up to our name and become the boss of all burgers,” Boss Burger Co.’s owner Jamie Kolovos said. “For Tommy the Chook to be crowned No.1 dish in Australia and the best selling chicken burger in the world is truly awesome.” Why am I crying?!
The ‘Poké Signature Super Protéiné’ from Pokawa in Paris was the most ordered dish in the world, followed by a cheeseburger from Five Guys in London. Can you imagine how busy these places must be? Fuck.
I’m hungry now. BRB, ordering snacks.