At the Tasmanian Liberal Party Conference today in Hobart, PM Malcolm Turnbull urged those assembled to say a prayer for Julian Cadman, a seven-year-old boy from Sydney who is currently missing in Barcelona.

Cadman was separated from his mother, Jom, after the deadly terror attack on Thursday evening local time, when a young man in a van, believed to be 18-year-old Moussa Oukabir, ran over pedestrians on a busy boulevard, killing 13 and injuring hundreds more.

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop said yesterday that four Australians had been injured in attack, with three others requiring consular support, and one unaccounted for.

I think we should all, in our quiet moments, say a prayer for that little boy,” Turnbull said today. “All of us as parents know the anguish his father is going through and his whole family is going through, as they rush to seek to find him in Barcelona.”

Jom Cadman has since been found in hospital in a serious but stable condition, suffering facial and spinal injuries, while Julian’s father, Andrew, has flown from Sydney to Barcelona to search for him.

Julian and his mother were visiting Spain for a wedding this weekend.

Another Australian, Suria Intan, has also been found in hospital with serious injuries. Intan was on the last leg of a Euro trip with friends, and is a member of the Hillsong Church, who have offered Intan their support.

The final two Australians injured in Barcelona were two Victorian men who were hit by the van, but have since been discharged from hospital after receiving treatment.

In Tasmania, Turnbull said the government will soon release a national strategy for protecting public places from terrorism, including instructions for business and councils to prevent vehicle attacks such as the one in Barcelona.

Source: Nine News
Image: Facebook