Six Dollar Plate Of Fish Suspected In Fatal Mother-Daughter Food Poisoning in Bali

A $6 plate of mahi mahi is believed to have caused the tragic, fatal food poisoning of a Sunshine Coast mother and her daughter only three days into their two week Balinese holiday according to a report compiled by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Today’s Courier Mail are reporting that six and a half hours after Noelene Bischoff and her daughter Yvana ate “a grand feast at their hotel resort [in Karangasem]” which also included a chicken curry and vegetarian pizza, both died after ingesting what is suspected to be toxic fish – Ms Bischoff en route to the Bali International Medical Clinic on Saturday, and her daughter soon after. Police are now investigating the pair’s final meal, the restaurant where they lunched earlier, as well as anti-allergenic medication found in their room at the Padang Bai Beach Resort; they do not suspect foul play.
Restaurant staff at The Buddah Bar maintain however that “Yvana did not eat the fish and that other guests ate the same meal with no problems.” 
Kevin Bowe hast told the ABC that the circumstances surrounding his sister-in-law’s death are still not clear to him, saying, “Yesterday was a hell of a shock but over the day and last night we managed to come to grips with it… On the news this morning they said something different, but we’ve been told it is fish they’ve eaten… It’d be nice to get decent answers.”  
Queensland Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie, who lives on the Sunshine Coast and whose daughters were friends with Yvana said in a statement that, “I’m just sad to hear the news of the passing of Noelene and Yvana in Bali over the last couple of days. It’s tragic news for any family to hear, particularly when it happens in foreign land, on behalf of the Sunshine Coast community I express our absolute condolences.”