There are a few questions we imagine guests at American Horror Story’s actual “Murder House” probably ask themselves upon checking in:
- Why is everyone so worked up about this place being on Airbnb?
- Doesn’t anyone else out there recognise that staying in a historic, beautiful 9-bedroom mansion in L.A for AUD $2100 a night is a steal?
- Who wouldn’t want to experience a piece of Hollywood history from the inside?
- What was that?
- … Oh, is this the room they did that scene for the X-Files in?
- No seriously, what the fuck was that?
Ad infinitum, presumably until they have their spines ripped out or somethin’.
Fortunately, we’ve been given licence to speculate, as the estate – also known in less grisly terms as the Alfred Rosenheim Mansion – is apparently very much open to guests / victims.
Hell, Variety even tracked down positive reviews, presumably from actual human beings who emerged from its cavernous insides alive and without too much psychological damage.
One even said “if you are looking for something soulful, and do not expect everything to be brand new and shiny, this place is it.”
To be honest, they might not be wrong in that regard, as the premises are actually stunning: