It’s the time of year when Top 10 lists become a form of social currency and the strongest way to represent your personal brand. While working on our own lists, we’ve been checking out what choices have been populating some other Top Tens, starting with the Best Songs of the Year. The Potbelleez offered their picks of the best tracks of the year on a playlist you can stream below via Rdio. Their selections lean toward big radio singles mixed with local releases. And they couldn’t help but include one of their own tracks – they’re only human.
1. Eminem – Rap God – Em’s new album is a Monster! This is one of his best records of all time!
2. Drake – Hold On – The new Drake album is really special and this has been getting loads of love world-wide!
3. Arctic Monkeys – Why’D You Only Call Me When You’re High? – Arctics never fail to impress. Crazy video too!
4. A$AP Rocky – Fucking Problems -A$AP and the who’s who of Rap New School, 2 Chainzzzz!
5. The Aston Shuffle – Comfortable – Another amazing Australia club record from tow of nicest guys in the game.
6. Bombs Away – Better Luck Next Time. – Bombs Away have been in such great form! another massive record for them.
7. Tinne Tempah – Someday – One of our favorite MCs.
8. Wil Sparks & Joel Fletcher – Bring it Back – A club Bomb from these up and coming Melbourne superstar.
9. Far East Movement – The Illest – Love the drop and we have been playing this in our DJ sets.
10. The Potbelleez feat B.o.B – Magic Number – Our new single with B.o.B – He kills on the verses!
The Potbelleez are performing live at the 2013 ARIA Awards on Sunday, December 1 at The Star Event Centre. Also performing will be Flume, Tame Impala, Vance Joy, Bliss N Eso and more.
Rdio, one of the world’s most popular music streaming services is a proud partner of the 27th Annual ARIA Awards. This year live performances from the 2013 awards will be available to stream exclusively on Rdio the next day. Go to: onrdio.com or download the Rdio app.