Ahead of Future Classic’s Adult Disco party at The Civic Underground this Saturday (buy tickets here) we decided to quiz headline DJ Jacques Renault on his top ten tracks of all time as well as his top three NYC bands of today. Thankfully he was more than happy to spread some love.
1) John Talabot – Matilda’s Dream (Permanent Vacation)
New release from John Talabot on my favourite Munich Label
2) Shit Robot – I Got A Feeling (DFA Records)
Feel good 12″ release featuring Saheer from House of House fame with production pro Marcus Lambkin.
3) Kyle Hall – The Water is Fine EP with Tomorrow is the day moods grooves
Kyle Hall on point here, my favorite release by this new producer
4) Jayson Brothers – The Game / Keep on Dancin’ (Drumpoet Community)
Great new big room house from Germany.
5) Sidwho? – Pay For Love [Azari & III Remix] (Future Classic)
I was just hanging out with these guys here in New York.
Pay For Love (Azari & III Remix) by future classic
6) Try to Find Me “Get To My Baby” [TBD extension] (Golf Channel)
Love everything that Lee Douglas and Justin Van Der Volgen put their hands on.
7) The Revenge “Beyond The Dance” (Surround Sounds)
Fantastic EP from none other than The Revenge
8) Neurotic Drum Band – Robotic Hypnotic Adventure Remixes (The Wurst Music Co.)
It’s a great tune already, and I think all these remixes are pretty good too.
9) Vegard Wolf Dyvik Tu Rong
My favorite Tu Rong yet, it’s a staple in my sets
10) Runaway “The Fire Below” (The Revenge/ Azari & III remixes) On The Prowl
Our next OTP release, we’re excited about this one!
FAVOURITE NYC BANDS
THE HUNDERED IN THE HANDS
Formerly the Boggs, I’ve been friends with these guys for awhile. They make great music and they just signed to Warp records.
I love seeing this band play live. I’m happy I’ve got to know them too.
LCD SOUNDYSTEM / HOLY GHOST!
Just saw them both play the other night. I had not seen LCD in a few years so I was super excited. Holy Ghost! has only played a few times out and they’re sounding great. I see big things with both of these groups this year.