Gladys Berejiklian has announced that there will be a major easing of restrictions across all of NSW from March 29, including zero restrictions on dancing. Yes, you read that right, we can kiss strangers on the dancefloor again!
It’s been an entire year of restrictions and rules, but now NSW will be getting a taste of fresh air (literally) as things start to ease up. No more masks. No more house gathering caps. Heaven is approaching and I am at the pearly gates.
In a press conference on Wednesday, Berejiklian announced that these major changes to NSW restrictions will come into effect from 12:01am on March 29, which means my Easter weekend is going to be positively lit.
So here’s exactly what is going to change:
- Singing will no longer be restricted across NSW.
- Dancing will no longer be restricted across NSW (time to fkn BOOGIE!).
- No capacity limits at weddings or funerals.
- No capacity limits on visitors to your home. (However, any house gathering with over 100 people has to have a COVID-19 safety plan and an electronic recording of every visitor.
- Outdoor public gatherings may have up to 200 people.
- Venues will be moving to the 2sqm rule when there are over 25 people present.
- Stadiums and theatres can now have 100% capacity, which is simply huge.
- Masks will no longer be mandatory on public transport, but “strongly recommended”.
Can you smell the return of normalcy? It’s either that or the smell of sweaty bodies dancing in the club to Everytime We Touch by Cascada.
Berejiklian made it clear, however, that electronically signing in to restaurants and other locations across NSW will still be mandatory.
“That is the key to our success,” said Berejiklian.
“If there is an outbreak and we can’t identify all the people in a particular venue, we will be having to go backwards again and I don’t want to see that happen.
“We are doing really well. And the way that we will continue to do well is a couple of things, firstly it is registering.”
Well, New South Whalians, I guess I’ll be seeing you on the dancefloor very soon. Yeehaw!