PEDESTRIAN.TV has partnered with CommBank to give you the chance to get your finances back on track after the silly season. Keep reading to find out more and how you could win $200.
There’s a solid chance you’re one of the third of Aussies who’ve forgotten to pay a bill on time. And hey, that’s fair enough. If you don’t have the right measures in place or utilise the available tools then paying bills can be complex – and if you can’t navigate this complexity, you’re looking at $24 on average in late fees from your biller, according to CommBank’s bill payments study^.
Given that we’re all physically/financially recovering from last month’s festivities, you might not be in the best position to cover your phone/internet/Netflix/electricity bill this month. The last thing you need is an extra $24 late fee thrown into the mix.
Our mates over at CommBank have shared a few simple steps you can take to help you avoid late fees, save time and stay organised.
KNOW WHAT BILLS ARE COMING UP
- Keep track of the expected amount and timing of bills (like utilities, rent or internet) in your budget to avoid getting caught-out by surprises. Remember to include things like car insurance, which you might only pay once a year, but you can save for them a little bit each month.
FIND AN EASY WAY TO PAY WHICH WORKS FOR YOU
- Check out BPAY®. It gives you control to securely pay bills from your bank app, internet or phone – just keep an eye out for the BPAY Biller Code and your Customer Reference Number that’ll appear on your bill.
- You can also set up BPAY View® which sends bills direct to your online banking. Then, pay with one click* or set up automatic payments. Easy.
- You could also use Direct Debit, the money will automatically come out of your account each bill, so make sure you keep enough $ in there. Or you can via the company website.
PAY ON TIME
- Set reminders on your phone, write post-it notes – do what you gotta do to make sure it gets paid on time so you don’t get hit with a late fee.
In addition to passing along this useful advice, we’re giving 10 of you $200 which you can use to sort out an upcoming bill (or, y’know, spend on whatever you want) (you can check out the terms and conditions HERE). Sound good? Go into the running by filling out the below:
While we’re on the topic, for those of you renting out there, CommBank have more handy money tips on their Tumblr site. Check ’em out HERE.
^Undertaken by ACA research, August 2016.
*The process may vary slightly between financial institutions.
Things you should know:
This article is intended to provide general information of an educational nature only. It does not have regard to the objectives, financial situation or needs of any reader and must not be relied upon as financial product advice. You should consider the appropriateness to your circumstances and consider seeking independent financial advice before making any decision based on the information. BPAY and BPAY View are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Limited ABN 69 079 137 518.Image: LunchMoney Lewis / YouTube