The wave of video game nostalgia marches on, folks, this time with a brand new Bubsy game, which has been revealed only a year after the last one.
Scheduled to hit the Nintendo Switch, PC and PS4 early next year, the new entry into the franchise is titled, Paws on Fire, and features your favourite yarn-loving feline, along with three other playable characters, The Woolie, Arnold and Virgil Reality.
In development with Choice Provisions, the game is said to be an “auto-runner at its core,” the studio said on its website. The post also details a bunch of features available in the upcoming title.
Paws on Fire! Is going to be Bubsy’s biggest adventure yet. If you’re at all suspicious of this bold claim, this extensive list of features should put you at ease:
- Four playable characters, each with their own unique mechanics! Fly and shoot your way through the air as The Woolie, take it underground with Arnold’s bonus levels, or run your way to victory with Bubsy and Virgil Reality!
- An all-new story featuring the unlikely alliance between Bubsy and his archrivals, The Woolies!
- Over 100 levels set across three different worlds!
- Three boss battles!
- A unique combo system and set of leaderboards for every character!
- A shop with costumes and cosmetics, all of which players can unlock just by playing the game. There are no in-game purchases!
- Unique character dialog for every level!
- A variety of collectable types, ensuring maximum replayability!
- The return of Oinker, Terri, Terry, and many other characters from previous Bubsy incarnations! We’ve even included Virgil Reality from the Bubsy pilot–we dug deep!
You can suss out the trailer for yourself below.
Bubsy first hit screens back in 1993 in the title, Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind. There were a few sequels since then, but the franchise had a pretty lengthy hiatus before The Woolies Strike Back hit shelves last year.
There’s no solid release date for this one just yet, but Choice says it’ll be Q1 2019 if you’re looking for a ballpark figure. We’re keen as hell to give it a spin.
More Stuff From PEDESTRIAN.TV