Los Angeles County prosecutors are reviewing a sex crimes case against disgraced actor Kevin Spacey, NBC reports.

The case was presented to prosecutors by the Sheriff’s Department on April 5, and is now under review by the task force on sex crimes in the entertainment industry.

The former House of Cards actor – who is accused of sexual assault in both the US and the UK – has been under investigation since a few weeks after Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp went public with accusations of sexual assault last year.

Rapp alleged that Spacey assaulted him in 1986, when Rapp was 14 and Spacey was 26.

This investigation, however, involves a man who says Spacey sexually assaulted him in West Hollywood in October 1992, according to the sheriff’s statement.

Spacey is also under investigation for sexual assault in London.

The Academy Award-winning actor issued an apology to Rapp following the allegations, but has remained silent as more people came forward.

“If I did behave as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years,” he said at the time of Rapp’s allegations.

He has since been fired from House of Cards, replaced in All The Money In The World, and had all future projects shelved.

If you would like to access support around issues of sexual assault, you can call 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732.

Image: Getty Images / Amanda Edwards