Last year, it was announced that beloved candy bar Polly Waffles will be returning after 11 years and according to Taste.com.au, it’s finally happening.
The publication reveals that production on your fave childhood sweet is being “fast-tracked”, with family-owned South Australian chocolate company Robert Menz being approved for federal government funding to help boost local manufacturing in the wake of COVID-19.
The company will reportedly cop $1 million to create a Polly Waffle production line and will mean 38 new job positions (YAY!).
About 200 projects will be supported through the manufacturing cash splash.
Industry Minister Karen Andrews said the public funding injection couldn’t come at a better time.
“As we face the coronavirus pandemic and look to come out the other side stronger, this investment will be more critical than ever,” she said on Thursday.
Gaze into the glory that is the forthcoming candy you’ll soon be able to enjoy: