1. What is this policy about?
This policy explains how we collect, use and disclose the personal information you provide to us when you use our website, www.pedestrian.tv
2. What information do you collect about me?
We collect personal information that you have provided to us about yourself. This could include your name, address, email address, phone number, basic Facebook information, Skype username and credit card details.
3. What do you do with my personal information?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- Process, fulfil and keep you informed on the progress of the order(s) that you place on our website;
- Send you information about our products and services as well as third party products and services that we think could be of interest to you (including promotions, discounts and special events);
- Maintain our relationship with you (including responding to your questions);
- And create and maintain records for our internal accounting and administration purposes.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
4. Will you use my information for any other purpose?
We may also use your personal information for other purposes (and/or share your information with a third party) because we believe it is necessary to do so, in these circumstances:
- To provide you with goods or services which you have requested;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of our suppliers, customers or any member of the public;
- To prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements;
- To protect our interests (e.g. disclosing information to a court); or
- If the assets and operations of our business are being transferred to another party as a going concern.
5. Do you give my information to third parties?
We share your personal information with third parties we engage to help us run aspects of our business efficiently. This includes our advertising partners, jobs advertisers, mentors, sellers of the products, suppliers and service providers who supply services and/or assist us with order fulfilment, supply chain and logistics.
6. Do I have to receive marketing information from you?
When you provide us with your information, we automatically add you to our mailing list so that we can send you information about our products and services as well as third party products and services that we think could be of interest to you (including promotions, discounts and
You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by clicking on the relevant unsubscribe link at the base of any email communication that you receive from us. Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com with a request to unsubscribe.
7. How can I change or delete the information you keep about me?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to update or delete the information we keep about you. We reserve the right to keep a copy of your personal information to comply with our recordkeeping obligations at law.
8. Is my information secure?
While we take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure, we can’t give you an absolute guarantee that your information is always secure as no data sent over the internet is 100% secure. We will not be responsible for any liability, loss or damage arising from unauthorised access to your information.
9. Cookies and Tracking Technologies Notice
Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. We use the following types of cookies and other similar tracking technologies on our websites:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that allow you to sign in and use our services and remember you when you log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytics cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites. Some of the tools we use only provide us with information about trends and aggregate user behaviour. Other tools we use enable us to see how each visitor engaged with our website. For example, we will be able to see what you clicked on and how you navigated through our websites. We use this information to better understand how our visitors use our websites, so that we may make the necessary improvements to enhance our visitors’ experience in the future. We do not attempt to identify you with this information.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our services and to allow us to personalise our content for you, for example, by remembering your preferences.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the content and advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We also use this information to determine the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Social media cookies. We use these cookies when you connect and share our content and information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our website to keep track of the way end-customers engage with and share our content. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
Our websites may also contain electronic images known as “web beacons” – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites and allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We may use web beacons to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon, or from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. We prohibit web beacons on our websites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information. We may work with other companies that advertise with us to place their web beacons on our websites in order to allow us to gather statistics and better target advertisements, including to track retail conversions on client or partner websites.
Trusted third-parties. We use the following third-party service providers to provide us some of the technologies described in this notice. They will have access to the data we collect using their services.
Services Provided: Google Google provides us with ad serving and ad exchange services. Anonymous aggregated user data collected and processed by us may be shared with Google to make the advertising you see our websites more relevant to you.
Services Provided: Adobe provides us with analytics and data management services. This includes the grouping of visitors to our websites into ‘audience segments’ which are made available by us to our third party ad servers to make the advertising you see on our websites more relevant to you.
10. Display of Advertisements
Many of the websites and services we offer are supported by advertising. We may display advertisements on our websites and the sites of our advertising partners. When we display online advertisements to you, we will place cookies on your computer in order to recognise your computer each time we display an advertisement. The cookies we use for advertising have an expiry date of no more than two years. We are able to compile information over time about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements we display. We use this information to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display targeted advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also associate this information with your visit, purchase or other activity on participating advertiser’s websites in order to display targeted advertisements or to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
11. Your advertising choices
When we display interest based advertising, we take a number of steps designed to protect your privacy. Page views, clicks and search terms used for ad targeting are stored separately from your contact information or other data that directly identifies you. We use interest based advertising to make the ads you see on our network more relevant to you. Online advertisements on our websites are served by ad servers and exchanges. These companies may offer you a way to opt in or opt-out of ad targeting based on their cookies If you would like to opt out of interest based advertising please click here.
12. T&Cs | Pedestrian JOBS promotions
50% off Your First Job Listing
The discount provided is not transferable and is for new customers to be used once for a job advertisement.
Job advertisements will be be approved at the discretion of the Pedestrian JOBS team; feedback will be given for any job advertisements rejected and the opportunity given to revise your job ad accordingly for approval. No guarantee is given as to the number or quality of applicants you will receive.
By taking up this offer, you will be added to the Pedestrian JOBS recruiter EDM, from which you can unsubscribe at any future time.