The internet is a weird place. You could deep dive into the weird depths of YouTube for hours and always find something that leaves you questioning why the fuck you’re doing it.
Honestly, the weird internet community that takes the cake for me is the mukbang community. This popular YouTube niche is literally just people eating on camera. Cooked, I know.
And now with the help of W Hotels, you too can make your own mukbang video for a measly $295USD.
The luxury hotel chain announced the new room service addition with a mukbang from none other than Queer Eye’s food expert, Antoni Porowski.
“Making a mess, but it’s okay ’cause it’s room service! I can do what I want. I’m an adult,” Antoni said in the video.
If you’re unfamiliar with mukbangs (roughly translating to eating broadcast), I suggest you do a quick YouTube dive and have a look for yourself. But basically the phenomenon originated in South Korea, but it’s now a worldwide internet trend that even the biggest YouTubers capitalise on.
I know $295 sounds fucking ridiculous for room service, but unlike Iggy Azalea’s $93 grilled cheese, you actually get a fair bit of bang for your buck with this deal.
In addition to a phone stand and a microphone (the obvious essentials), the $295 also gets you:
- Aloha Y’All: tasso ham, caramelized pineapple, tomato, basil, mozzarella
- Farmhouse Quaker: smoked mozzarella, potato, red onions, crispy duck, farm egg
- Cherry Burger: 0.5 lb house blend Creekstone Farms beef, red onion marmalade, raclette, Dijonnaise
- The Big Belly Burger: double beef patties, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, pickles & W1 sauce
- Old School Surf & Turf: filet mignon, butter-poached lobster tail, steak fries
- Cheese & Charcuterie Board: pickles, mustard, breads, crackers, compote
- XL Crispy French Fries: truffle aioli
- Carrot Cake Tower: sweet carrot sauce, streusel
- Just Like Grandma’s Cherry Pie: served on cast iron with vanilla ice cream
The menu ticks all of the mukbang boxes, from gooey cheese to crunchy pickles and greasy burgers. Honestly, its pretty decent value for money if you have 15 friends to share it with.
If it’s good enough for Antoni Porowski, it’s good enough for me (if someone wants to lend me $295).
The Sip & Slurp package is available at the W Hotel in Washington for a limited time if you’re genuinely interested in dropping 300 bucks on one meal. Alternatively, you can buy approximately 100 cheeseburgers and lay in bed watching Antoni Porowski chow down.