The fashion biz is notoriously hard to break into, especially if you’re lacking fund-age. But don’t worry, V Raw, powered by V Energy Drink is here to help the penniless future Alexander McQueens among us. Working in conjunction with LiveStyle a “designer sale featuring some of Australia’s best high-end labels and retailers” V Raw is giving one lucky Designer the chance to create a collection to show at LiveStyle amongst other leading commercial designers. The lucky winner will also receive an $8000 grant to help realize said collection and mentorship of Australian designer Bowie Wong.
Background: LiveStyle is a unique fashion festival that combines a designer sale featuring some of Australia’s best high-end labels and retailers, with runway shows, workshops, VIP bars, music and entertainment. It’s a huge event held in Melbourne from 12 to 14 March 2010, where designers and retailers sell direct to the public.
50 boutiques and designers were on show at the launch event earlier this year, including: Bettina Liano, Diesel, Roy, Hudson, Cyberia, Cactus Jam, Phillips, Mogil, G-Star, Crimson Phoenix, Della Spiega and many more. LiveStyle in 2010 will have close to 100 exhibits featuring designer labels and stores, hair and beauty, and various fashion installations.
As well as the fashion sale, there’s an opportunity to attend workshops, take in a runway show and have a drink at the VIP bar. There is also a chance to meet some of the best designers and check out some awesome DJ’s!
V Raw is looking for one talented clothing designer to create a collection to show at LiveStyle amongst other leading commercial designers at the 2010 festival.
The selected candidate will be given a grant of $8,000 to fund the creation of their collection and have the opportunity to work with the fantastic designer & stylist Bowie Wong during the process.
The potential designers will be assessed by our judging panel (in November) on 4 key areas; creativity, wearability, construction and marketability.
Bowie Wong – Designer & Stylist, has dressed high profile celebs such as Delta Goodrem, Peaches Geldof, George Michael & The Veronicas
Roxy Jacenko – A successful, young entrepreneur who heads up fashion PR agency, Sweaty Betty. Roxy has worked with a spectrum of designers from Diane Von Furstenberg to fresh talent like Rachel Gilbert
Sally Nolan – Famous magazine’s Fashion Editor who spends her days bringing top celebrity fashion to the pages of Famous and has a knack for knowing what Australian’s are loving on the red carpet, catwalk and in the stores.
Requirements to apply:
– The designer must upload copies of their sketches or photographs of no less than five but no more than ten of their own original design pieces. YOU WILL NEED TO GO TO YOUR PROFILE TO UPLOAD YOUR PDFS OR JPEGS
– The top ten designers shortlisted will be contacted and will be required to send a sample of their work
– Designers will also need to respond to a series of questions to justify why they should be selected to feature at the LiveStyle Festival
Info if you win:
– The final collection to be included in a runway show will include 6 – 12 looks
– You’ll get a 3×4 metre space in the Young Designers section of the festival where you can sell your collection to make all the profits! Or instead, you can set up your collection as an installation site to showcase your designs. The choice is yours
– You must be available between the set dates of the festival in Melbourne from 12 to 14 March 2010 – if you don’t live there we’ll fly you there and put a roof over your head, 4 stars baby (up to a value of $2,000)
– You must agree to the Terms & Conditions of the event and commit to working with the event organisers for the runway component, and their exhibition site
So get designing! We can’t wait to see the new breed of raw talent on the rise.