A Woman Farted During Surgery In Japan & It Caused A Small Hospital Fire

Okay. Let us start this by saying that this story is absolutely not funny. It’s not. It’s actually a very serious story and if you so much as snort you’re a garbage human who’ll be spending eternity in the bin liners of hell.

A woman undergoing surgery was seriously burnt when she farted and caused a not-so-small fire.

The patient, who was in her 30s, sustained serious burns to her waist and legs after a leaking of her intestinal gas ignited the laser beam aimed at her cervix.

The incident occurred at Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Japan on April 15 this year, but details are were only released on October 28 after a committee of outside experts had concluded its report.

The committee found that there were no flammable materials in the operating theatre, and that all equipment was operating as normal.

“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report concluded.

Japanese website Asahi Shimbum gave no update on the woman’s condition, HuffPost reports that she is thought to have survived.

Source: Asahi.com 
Photo: Wikipedia.