The recipe for a 10/10 ‘Straya Day is as follows:
– A coupla snags on the barbie.
– An ice-cold tinnie in-hand.
– Triple J‘s ‘Hottest 100’ blaring through an elaborate speaker set-up.
– A highly competitive backyard cricket match.
To help keep the patience of well-meaning backyard athletes across the nation on an even-keel, Uber has joined forces with the legendary Billy Bowden and Optus to bring you UberUMPIRE – your very own cricket umpire on-demand.
You’ll be able to request an umps to officiate your game of backyard cricket for three overs between the hours of 11am-3pm, and the whole stunt is free because it’d be bloody unAustralian to charge for the privilege TBH.
Here’s how to do it:
1) Download Uber, obvs.
2) Slide across to the UberUMPIRE view and request an ‘UberUMPIRE’.
3) If available, an UberUMPIRE will make its way to your backyard.
4) Demand is likely to be sky-high, so if you can’t request straight off the bat, keep trying ’til you get too drunk to care that you’ve missed out.
TL;DR? Listen to Billy instead: