It took a wild final day of regular season play to sort everything out, but we finally have every matchup of this year’s NBA Playoffs locked in, and round one will see Ben Simmons and the Philadelphia 76ers take on division rivals the Brooklyn Nets.
Heading into today’s play, Philly already had the third overall seed in the Eastern Conference locked up, but the lower seeds in the playoff bracket remained wide open.
With a win against Miami, Brooklyn pushed themselves up into sixth place on the conference table, meaning they now face Simmons, Joel Embiid, and the rest of the Sixers in what will likely be one of the more intriguing first round match-ups on offer.
Elsewhere in the Eastern Conference, Detroit secured the final playoff spot today, defeating New York and earning themselves the eighth seed slot and a date with title fancies Milwaukee in round one.
In the west, come-from-behind wins for both Denver and Portland hauled them above Houston, who slip to fourth seed in the playoff standings. The Nuggets now face San Antonio in round one, while Portland is set to take on Oklahoma City.
This year’s NBA Playoffs kick off on Sunday morning Australian time with the Sixers and Nets given the honour of getting one of the more intriguing postseasons in recent memory going.
Cop all the first round playoff matchups below:
- (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (8) Detroit Pistons
- (2) Toronto Raptors vs (7) Orlando Magic
- (3) Philadelphia 76ers vs (6) Brooklyn Nets
- (4) Boston Celtics vs (5) Indiana Pacers
- (1) Golden State Warriors vs (8) Los Angeles Clippers
- (2) Denver Nuggets vs (7) San Antonio Spurs
- (3) Portland Trail Blazers vs (6) Oklahoma City Thunder
- (4) Houston Rockets vs (5) Utah Jazz
Big playoffs coming, mates! Get right around it!