A couple of cheeky doggos got into a spot of mischief recently, nearly burning their owner’s house to ground in the process.

During what was presumably a normal day at home, the two golden retrievers were hanging around the house when one of them sniffs a delicious leftover pancake on the kitchen bench. Doing what any of us would do when presented with such an opportunity, the little devil snatched the tasty snack and made a meal of it.

But in the process, our handsome buddy accidentally knocked the ignition for the stove and set the burner to maximum heat. An alarming, yet somewhat impressive feat for a non-human.

A small fire started to burn and the room filled with smoke as the alarm screeched, leaving the poor little puppies to wonder what the fuck was going on. Eventually, they just ignored the commotion and sat on the lounge until police and fire crews eventually arrived to turn off the burner.

The whole thing was caught on the Massachusetts family’s home surveillance camera, which was posted to Facebook by the Southwick Fire Department. You can suss the video below.

Alarm Works

Alarms Work!We would like to thank a local resident for sharing this video. First, we always caution about putting items on the stove. In this case, the family pet decided to help themselves to some leftover pancakes while the owners were away. Unfortunately, the dog hit the ignition button on the gas stove. Within minutes you will see the item on stove begin to ignite. In this case, the homeowner was connected to a monitored alarm system calling responders saving severe damage. If you have pets or young children in the home look into safety covers for your stove controls.

Posted by Southwick Fire Department on Tuesday, 30 January 2018

The owners of the house had a networked monitoring system, so when the smoke alarms went off, it alerted authorities to the situation. Luckily, the sweet angles weren’t hurt in the incident.

Source: Bay News 9
Image: K.C. Green