Sydney’s new Metro train line was unveiled on Sunday and fell into a rather predictable amount of chaos – but its first test under peak hour conditions today seems to be going OK.

Yesterday, over 100,000 people flocked to try out the state’s driverless north-western line, and some reported problems like doors failing to open, children reportedly getting separated from parents, and trains not lining up correctly with platforms.

It’s safe to say that people had a few issues with the new service.

But on Monday it seemed like at least some of the kinks had been ironed out.

The $7 billion dollar project is the nation’s largest public transport project and NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has been quick to bask in its successful implementation, which she said had “defied all the cynics.

“In the early days, when I spoke to local residents, the parents used to say it’d be fantastic if our kids could catch the train to university or high school,” she said. “Well I’m glad to prove them wrong … it’s here, and it’s the start of something really special for New South Wales.”

NSW Transport Minister Andrew Constance said the Metro line was the start of something “very special for our state”.

“Life’s about to change… for so many people who work hard every day and deserve the right to be able to get around the city as easily as they can.”

Constance has previously celebrated the arrival of driverless trains because it means he won’t have to “deal with the rail union any more,” predicting a future where the government doesn’t provide public transport services. Hmm!

We’re only at day two of Sydney’s driverless train future – so a few teething pains can be expected. Remains to be seen how long the famously chill and relaxed Sydney population will settle with this, though: