The CEO and creator of Pokémon Go, John Hanke, closed out Comic Con in the US with a panel talk about his magnificent and much-hyped creation.
And there was some details in there that will excite even the most amateur Pokémon trainer.
First and foremost, Henke says he’s real sorry about all the server malarky. He says that “weren’t provisioned for what happened” – AKA you lot all losing your damn minds over it – and they are working on making the servers reliable before they do any updates whatsoever, to make sure further requests can be handled.
But, these updates are heading our way:
- FACT – not all of the 151 OG Pokémon have shown up, only 145 have been accounted for. Hanke says, “there are some rare ones that haven’t showed up yet that will be showing up”.
- Right now, there’s little you can do with the fact you’ve chosen to be Team Valor (Red), Team Mystic (Blue), or Team Instinct (Yellow), but the leaders of each time will soon start dispensing advice to their players.
- Plus, each team’s got one of the three Legendary Bird Pokémon associated with it, and it might just play into which bird Pokémon you’re able to catch.
“They’re kinda aligned with the teams, and we might have something to announce about the teams soon.”
- Pokéstops are likely gonna turn into Pokémon Centres. So, just like in the OG games, those little houses where you can heal your Pokémon are gonna be R-E-A-L.
- If you thought you were smart for figuring out how to make Eevee evolve into Flareon, Vaporeon or Jolteon**, then be on guard constantly, because Hanke says easter eggs like that are planted all throughout Pokémon Go, and there’s plenty that haven’t been found yet.
- The highly-anticipated feature of Pokémon trading is definitely, 110% coming. Soon you can swap them 1000 Zubats you’ve absent-mindedly caught for… well, whatever your best mate is willing to give you for 1000 Zubats.
And that’s all so far. Still better than nothin’.
Source: Business Insider.
** If you haven’t figured out that Easter egg, giving an Eevee the name of ‘Pyro‘, ‘Rainer‘, or ‘Sparky‘ will ensure that it evolves into Flareon, Vaporeon, or Jolteon respectively. Yr welcome.