Whatever is going on in your day, it’s considerably better than Denver news anchor Natalie Tysdal, who had to eat a ridiculously spicy chip as part of her job and promptly vomited.

Someone at the Channel 2 Daybreak team had the bright idea of forcing its news anchors to try a new chip, made with the world’s hottest chilli, a Carolina Reaper.

Quite why anyone would ever willingly put this in their mouth is beyond me, but poor Natalie did as part of her job. Desperately, she takes a swig of coffee to try and dull the roaring fire that is her mouth, before promptly vomiting behind the news desk.

“Oh Natalie’s losing her break-… oh, Natalie threw up,” says one of her coworkers.

“This is going very poorly, folks,” says another.

You can hear Natalie wheezing and moaning behind the desk – clearly in quite incredible pain – as she’s still mic’d up from the segment.

Dangerously Hot Chip

Natalie Tysdal proves hot chips CAN be dangerous. Watch and keep watching Natalie's reaction to the One Chip Challenge. Does this make you want to try Paqui Chips?!

Posted by Channel 2 Daybreak on Wednesday, 25 October 2017

“I thought I was okay until I had a drink of my coffee to wash down the chip,” she said later. “I threw up, couldn’t breathe and felt like fire was coming out of my mouth, nose and ears.”

She went through the usual remedies – water, milk, honey and mints – and was still burning inside her head.

“An hour later I had chills and a massive headache,” she said. “Three hours have gone by and I still feel like I was beat up in a dark alley.”

Her final thoughts? “I wouldn’t recommend it.”

Image: Channel 2 Denver