Serial killer Ivan Milat has been transferred from a secure ward of Sydney’s Prince of Wales Hospital to the Long Bay prison hospital, where it is expected he will remain for the rest of his life.
Footage shows the 74-year-old being escorted by corrections officers into a four-wheel-drive and transported from the facility.
WATCH: Serial killer Ivan Milat is wheeled out of hospital to be transferred to Long Bay jail, where he’ll likely spend his final days. #9News
— 9News Sydney (@9NewsSyd) May 28, 2019
Milat was transferred from Goulburn Supermax prison to the hospital earlier this month to receive treatment for terminal cancer affecting his oesophagus and stomach.
Speaking to Channel 10 at the time, Milat’s nephew Alistair Shipsey said “I’ve been told he only has a couple of weeks to live.”
Milat was convicted in 1996 of killing seven hitchhikers between 1989 and 1993. He was handed seven consecutive life sentences for his crimes.
To date, Milat has denied those murders. Earlier, NSW Police Minister David Elliot said that Milat should “do one last honourable thing on his deathbed” by admitting to the killings.