A 7.3 metre animatronic Tyrannosaurus Rex caught on fire on Thursday last week and the pictures are pretty damn terrifying. Video footage captured honestly made it look like a horrible spin-off of Jurassic Park.

Staff at the Colorado Royal George Dinosaur Experience took to their Facebook to sadly share the news that their beloved T-Rex-on-fire was caused by an unfortunate electrical issue and was definitely an isolated incident. ‘Cos even robots have off days.

Luckily, nobody was injured but staff were left “a little shaken” by the experience.

Here is the park’s first Facebook post and the T-Rex eating fire… or really the fire eating the T-Rex.

Then in a follow-up post on Facebook, the team wrote,

“Holy smokes! We always knew T-Rex had a temper but, today he blew his top. There was an unfortunate (and rare) electrical issue with our mighty T-Rex and he is no longer. You might even say… extinct. We are incredibly proud of our team for the way they efficiently and quickly handled this situation and kept our guests safe. All in all, this happened very quickly and we are a little shaken but we are operating business as mostly usual – the big ropes course is closed but the smaller course for younger kids is open, as well as the Wild Walk and museum tours. Safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance and we assure everyone that we are perfectly safe.”

The park offers an educational experience about Colorado’s paleontological history with interactive displays, full-scale dinosaur fossil casts, real dinosaur fossils, and guided tours through the various exhibits. It’s pretty much Ross Geller’s wet dream, minus the dino on fire.

Of course, everyone made jokes and terrible synopsis’ of future horror films.  

Oh, and if you wanted to see the ‘after’ shot, enjoy.

According to their Facebook, the team hope to have Mr Rex back up and roaring by summer time.

Image: Facebook / Zach Reynolds @ Royal George Dinosaur Experience