Mourners Left Stoned Out Of Their Gourd After Accidentally Eating Hash Cake At Funeral

Mourners at a funeral in Germany found themselves stoned out of their gourd after accidentally being served a hash cake.

Police in the eastern city of Rostock said that after the burial, the funeral party went to a restaurant for the traditional coffee and cake.

[jwplayer HMuuvHa9]

But as it turned out, the restaurant employee in charge of the cakes had asked her 18-year-old daughter to bake them. You can probably guess what happened here: according to the police investigation, the mum grabbed the wrong cake from the freezer, one which the Associated Press notes the daughter “had made for a different occasion”.

The end result was that 13 people found themselves very, unexpectedly high, needing medical treatment for “nausea and dizziness”.

The 18-year-old is under police investigation.

The AP reported the incident happened in August, but wasn’t published earlier out of respect for the family.