The family of Stefan Woodward, the 19-year-old man who died yesterday after attending Stereosonic in Adelaide, have released a statement describing him as a “fun-loving young man” whose life had ended far, far too soon.
His family used the statement to called out punters who might put their mates down for seeking medical attention, saying “I want friends to look after each other and make sure it’s never considered weak to ask for help… And I want young boys and girls like Stefan to never be too scared to ask for help.”
They also asked for more stringent first aid efforts at similar events in the future, saying they “want organisers of events like these to make sure there is enough first aid on offer to make sure that no-one gets turned away, and no-one feels they need to wait.”
Woodward died yesterday after an apparent overdose at the festival, while another man is still in a critical condition after suffering similar symptoms. Police released images of the pills they believe Woodward and several others may have taken on the day.
The recent deaths at this year’s run of festivals has renewed calls for pill-testing on site, and Peking Duk took to Facebook to have their say on the issue.
Fuck this. Heavier policing will not prevent deaths. Australia, it’s time to start testing
We recently sat down with drug expert Will Tregoning, who spoke about the possibilities and implications of decriminalising drugs in Australia. Check it out below: