DeMario Jackson, the Bachelor In Paradise star who has been accused of sexual assault over an alleged incident that took place while filming, has said that recordings of the event will vindicate him. 

Jackson, who lost his job as an executive recruiter in the wake of the allegations, appeared on the US show Inside Edition to defend himself, and overnight, his lawyer Walter Mosely issued an additional statement to People.

Mosely defended his client's innocence, saying the alleged interaction caught on camera was consensual, and video recordings from the show will prove it:

"The tapes will show that everyone, all of the participants of the Bachelor, everyone was consenting to what was going on ... And certainly his interaction with Corrine was a consensual interaction. I have no fears. This is not a criminal investigation. If there was enough for an investigation, then there's about 30 other people who all work for ABC or Warner Bros. who need to be investigated for aiding and abetting because they're all sitting there watching with the cameras."

Production on the show, which sees rejected contestants from the U.S. Bachelor and Bachelorette franchise taking another crack at finding love, was dramatically shut down last week over allegations of sexual misconduct. 

A producer on the show spoke to The Daily Mail and made allegations that contestant Corinne Olympios was heavily intoxicated during a filmed encounter with Jackson and may have been too drunk to consent. 

Olympios herself has said: "I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4."

When speaking to Inside Edition, Jackson refrained from commenting on the actions of any of the producers or contestants involved,  but said: "I feel like the truth will be able to come out though those videos."

Source: New York Times.
Photo: Jerritt Clark / Getty / ABC.