Diana Falasca, the northern beaches bride who copped a $1000 fine after her wedding breached COVID-19 lockdown rules, has spoken out, offering an apology so strewn with f-bombs that it would absolutely make your nanna blush.
Last Sunday, police were called to Doltone House in Pyrmont, following reports that a number of people from the northern beaches had broken lockdown to attend. A number of guests, between the ages of 19 and 64, were slapped with fines.
28-year-old Diana Falasca was one of these, and speaking with The Daily Telegraph yesterday, she expressed deep regret for leaving her home in Beacon Hill to attend her nuptials. She told the publication:
“I’m really sorry … but my wedding’s f****d, the whole year is f****d, it’s all f****d, it’s all really upsetting.”
Photos and videos of the event show guests crowding around the wedding table, dancing and congregating in a large group in outdoor space. In normal times, this would not raise an eyebrow, but now, as Sydney rushes to contain a COVID outbreak, it’s very poor form.
State authorities slammed the wedding, with Gladys Berejiklian saying she was “aghast” that the group would go ahead with the wedding without considering the risk to the community, while Police Minister David Elliott slammed it as a “bastard act.”
Doltone House said in a statement that guests had given assurances they were not attending in breach of a public health order, and that if the truth had been known, all necessary steps would have been made to protect the health and safety of the community.