Prince Harry and fiancé Meghan Markle have announced via a spokesperson that only one journo will be blessed with the honour of reporting the Royal Wedding from the actual wedding come May 19… much to the dismay of the British media scrum.
The spokesperson for Kensington Palace also told The New York Times that four photo-journalists will be allocated specific spots outside the chapel and on Windsor Castle grounds and the carriage route for all them pics. The rest of the media will be able to do their thang behind the barriers and whatnot.
The royals have given an official reason as to why this is – the wedding, unlike elder brother Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge Catherine’s wedding, isn’t a formal state event since Harry’s the younger brother and all and sixth-in-line. St. George’s Chapel is also a far smaller chapel than Westminster Abbey so bugger off unwanted guests.
Of course this comes as no surprise because some of the coverage Meghan has received for *shockingly* being a divorcee and biracial, has been absolutely disgusting.
In 2016 Harry released a statement in regards to the treatment Meghan had been copping from British tabloids.
“…Meghan Markle, has been subject to a wave of abuse and harassment. Some of this has been very public – the smear on the front page of a national newspaper; the racial undertones of comment pieces; and the outright sexism and racism of social media trolls and web article comments.”
The statement went on to absolutely and verbally slaughter the reporters who attempted to gain illegal entry into Meghan’s mother’s home and bribe ex-boyfriends, friends, and co-workers.
“He knows commentators will say this is ‘the price she has to pay’ and that ‘this is all part of the game’. He strongly disagrees. This is not a game – it is her life and his.”
The NYT also interviewed veteran royal photographer Arthur Edwards who 100 per cent guarantees the media ban was Harry’s idea.
“He and Meghan have seen what’s been written and said, ‘We don’t want anyone near the wedding.’ That’s a clear message, yeah.”
Meanwhile, on Kensington Palace’s official twitter – horses, royal horses and carriages for the big day that will begin at 12PM London time.
Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle have selected the Ascot Landau carriage for their procession through Windsor Town after their wedding on May 19th. pic.twitter.com/uR9bKgqmiX
— The Prince and Princess of Wales (@KensingtonRoyal) May 2, 2018
May I remind you the ~ royally special ~ TV event, Harry & Meghan by Lifetime will air May 13.
And look, we even copped a behind-the-scenes special.
God, I hate to love this commercial shit.