Police operations are underway at both the Sydney Opera House and Manly, NSW Police have confirmed.
— NSW Police (@nswpolice) January 14, 2016
The Opera House has been evacuated, with police cordoning off the area.
Sydney Opera House forecourt closed off by police. pic.twitter.com/aJFLk4SNnq
— Lisa Robinson (@lisarobinson85) January 14, 2016
— John Bell (@NewsBell) January 14, 2016
A witness to the ongoing incident, Scott Lilleyman, told PEDESTRIAN.TV that he was walking through the Botanic Gardens when we came upon gates manned by security. He then walked back around to the Opera House and saw a number of police.
“They have roped it off,” he told P.TV, “and all the people in the area had been moved on.”
This includes catering staff from restaurants inside the Opera House, he said.
Ferries from Manly to Circular Quay has been cancelled due to the operation.
— Alex Lee (@alex_c_lee) January 14, 2016
Updated @ 2:57pm:
Ferries are apparently running again, but experiencing big delays.
The 2:40pm and 3pm Circular Quay to Manly ferries are delayed up to 20 minutes due to a police operation at Manly and the Sydney CBD.
— Ferries Info (@FerriesInfo) January 14, 2016
Police operation at Sydney Opera House sparked by threat relating to a Manly ferry.
— Nick Ralston (@NickDRalston) January 14, 2016
— Johnny Lieu (@Johnny_Lieu) January 14, 2016
NSW Police have released a media statement announcing the conclusion of the operation. There has still been absolutely no information given about the reason for the operation, but there is a Crimestoppers tag at the bottom asking people to come forward with any information about this incident: