A Central Coast man has been charged after allegedly supplying the MDMA pill ingested by Alex Ross-King before her death at Saturday’s FOMO Festival, the ABC reports.
New South Wales Police Force state two men were arrested in Mount Elliott yesterday morning as the result of an ongoing drug supply investigation.
At the premises, officers discovered 26 MDMA pills, 14g of a substance thought to be methylamphetamine, nearly $1,300 in cash, and several mobile phones.
The 20-year-old and another man, aged 23, were arrested and taken to Gosford Police Station.
The younger man was charged with supplying a prohibited drug.
The older man was also charged with two counts of supplying a prohibited drug, two counts of supplying a prohibited drug in a larger quantity, and possession of a prohibited substance.
The ABC reports that authorities suspect the younger man of supplying MDMA pills to an associate of Ross-King, who then sold the drugs to the 19-year-old before she attended the music festival.
Both men are slated to face Gosford Local Court on Tuesday February 5.
Ross-King’s death, the fifth drug-related death at a NSW music festival since September last year, prompted her family to urge NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian to reconsider her tough stance against pill testing initiatives at major events.
To date, Berejiklian has opposed pill testing, arguing that it gives punters the false impression that illicit substances can be ‘safe’. That argument has been refuted by pill testing experts.
The arrests occurred the same day as the launch of the #BeHeardNotHarmed campaign, an initiative led by university students calling for Australian governments to permit the harm reduction measure at festivals.
More Stuff From PEDESTRIAN.TV
Image: Nine News