CONTENT WARNING: This article discusses rape.

The big bosses at the ABC have decided to boot a Four Corners ep linking Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and a QAnon figure, in an exclusive by the Sydney Morning Herald.

Sources from the ABC told SMH that an episode expected to run this Monday had been blocked by ABC managing director David Anderson following weeks of delays. The episode by journalist Louise Milligan (who was recently embroiled in a legal battle with former attorney-general Christian Porter) alleges that Scott Morrison has a relationship with a key follower of the QAnon movement.

If you need a refresher, QAnon is a batshit anti-semitic conspiracy theory that believes a bunch of left-wing politicians and celebs run a child trafficking ring, alleged members include Hilary Clinton, Tom Hanks and CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

When asked about the booted ep, an ABC spokesperson told the SMH that it does not comment on upcoming Four Corners episodes.

“All ABC content is subject to the same rigorous editorial decision making processes before being published,” the spokesperson said in a statement.

“The decision to publish is only made once all requirements, including editorial and legal requirements, have been met and it is appropriate to do so.”

The decision to boot the episode comes after Industry Minister Christian Porter decided to drop his defamation case against the ABC and Four Corners reporter Louise Milligan. However, while speaking at a press conference that same day Porter tried to spin his withdrawal from the case as a victory.

What followed was a back-and-forth between the ABC and Porter, with both accusing each other of spreading misinformation.

“I never thought they would say they regret the outcome of the article,” Porter told reporters on Monday.

“I never thought that they would concede that the accusations that were put in the article could never be proven, could not be proven to the criminal standard or the civil standard.”

Both Louise Milligan and the ABC called Porter out for his comments, with the ABC stating it still stands by an article that accused the former attorney-general of an alleged historical rape.

“The ABC has not said that it regrets the article. As we have stated, the ABC stands by the importance of the article, which reported on matters of significant public interest,” the ABC said in a statement.

Looks like the ABC might be sticking its nose out of dodgy politics for quite some time.

Image: Getty Images / Sam Mooy