Things you want from your electronic equipment: to work, to not electrocute you.

Honestly, that’s pretty much it. Two things. Two jobs. And last night, Grimes‘ equipment did neither of the two.

The Canadian singer / magical human-being – real name: Claire Boucher – played the last gig of her tour last night in Dublin, when something went wrong with her electrical equipment and it straight up tried to kill her.

Instagram user @_dil_emma caught the exact moment it started: 

15/03/16 I saw Grimes ?? @actuallygrimes and @hanatruly were absolutely amazing. Grimes I’m so sorry you got electrocuted so many times ?? but you really did make my life love love love ??✨???????? #Dublin #grimes #claireboucher #hana #hanatruly #video #bestnight #ofmylife @jake_mercer

A video posted by Emma D (@_dil_emma) on



It looks like the problem continued, and while we can’t confirm this (yet – here’s looking at you, everyone who’s DMs I slid into) she may have had to end the performance early.

Grimes later tweeted that her pedal was responsible for the mid-set mishap.



And according to another fan’s Instagram, she kept going with the performance for as long as possible. What a trooper.

A tragic example of how your gear can RUIN your gig! She kept it going for as long as she could though #grimes #HANA #lastgigoftour

A photo posted by Rebecca Keogh (@rebeccakeogh) on



PEDESTRIAN.TV has reached out to the venue for comment as to what the buggering hell went wrong, but aside from fans totally having Grimes’ back after a (still) 10/10 performance, two good things came out of the gig.
One, they sang her happy birthday. 


CUTE.

And two, this fan (who wasn’t even at the concert) must right now be losing his shit / congratulating himself on a life well spent storing The Simpsons references, after he tweeted his commiserations to Grimes and she replied. 

All’s well that ends and all that, I guess.

Photo: Astrid Stawiarz / Getty.