After the shit-storm that was Kanye West’s twitter feed over the past two weeks, a new song by Travis Scott, also featuring the man himself and Lil Uzi Vert hit Spotify a little while ago and of course, all eyes are on Kanye’s feature.
It’s called Watch and is off Travis’ new album Astroworld. Travis first teased the single on Thursday to his fans on Twitter.
Not gonna lie, the album art sporting a roller-coaster ramming into the eye of a skull is pretty damn sick.
WATCH DROPS TONIGHT EVERYWHERE pic.twitter.com/QhwoLe9uXQ— TRAVIS SCOTT (@trvisXX) May 3, 2018
The tune’s intro also opens up with the sound of laughing children at an amusement park, presumably AstroWorld, the ol’ theme park Travis used to go to when he was a kid.
And, as you may or may not know Travis is also Kylie Jenner’s baby daddy and partner so it’s a cute family affair.
Verse 3 AKA Kanye’s verse seem to reference some of his tweets and his mental health.
Don’t have words with me ’cause I got a mind full
I could tell Larry David was the mind behind Seinfeld
Wanna know how I feel? Step into my minefield
Wanna know how pain feels? I got off my main pills
Bet my wifey stay close, she know I’m on my Bezos
Opioid addiction, pharmacy’s the real trap
Sometimes I feel trapped, Jordan with no Phil Jack
One year it’s Illuminati, next year it’s the Sunken Place…
You can listen to the tune below.
In case you’re wondering why Kanye’s copping a lotta attention recently, here’s a lil’ timeline of the events following his infamous return to tweeting.
- Kanye returns to twitter and tweets about a philosophical book he may or may not be sharing in the coming days
- Kanye releases new looks for YEEZY including Croc-like slides and track pant boots.
- Kanye tweets out the announcement of new music including Travis’ new track.
- Kanye compliments US President Donald Trump for the “dragon energy” they apparently share.
- Trump retweets the tweet with a “very cool”.
- Kanye uploads a signed Make America Great Again cap.
- Kanye receives a horde of backlash from celebrities and fans including bestie John Legend.
- Kanye publishes their texts but the two are still good mates and agree to disagree
- Kim Kardashian quickly unleashes a tweet to support her husband as a “free thinker” and to absolutely hound the US press for belittling his mental health.
- Conservatives froth Kanye.
- Kanye uploads a picture of Parkland shooting survivor, Emma González with the caption “my hero”.
- Kanye then uploads a picture of his new shaved head with the caption “for Emma”.
- Conservatives do not froth Kanye anymore.
I think that’s about it… for now.
- Kanye gets into a lot of trouble… for saying slavery 400 odd years ago sounded like a choice. People think Kanye meant something else or maybe he didn’t but either way, people were very disappointed.
Solid free-thinking publicity for ya and the inevitable release of Kanye’s new music.