Richard Kingsmill just compiled the top 10 albums of 2014 as voted by Triple J listeners.
Australian acts dominated the list with 8 of the 10 albums being homegrown. Before dismissing the huge Australian contingent as local bias it’s worth noting that in 2013 only one of the albums in the listener voted poll was Australian. Notable omissions in 2014 included Sia and any artist that released a hit-filled album but doesn’t hold an Australian passport.
Needless to say pole position went to Chet Faker who added it to his J Award for Australian Album of the Year and a swag of ARIAS. The Year of the Beard continues.
The Top 10 Albums of 2014 as voted by Triple J listeners
10. The Preatures – Blue Planet Eyes
9. Thundamentals – So We Can Remember
8. Vance Joy – Dream Your Life
7. Royal Blood – Royal Blood
6. Flight Facilities – Down to Earth
5. Sticky Fingers – Land of Pleasure
4. Hilltop Hoods – Walking Under Stars
3. Alt J – This is All Yours
2. Ball Park Music – Puddinhead
1. Chet Faker – Built On Glass