A post-mortem conducted by The British Columbia Coroners Service has revealed that ‘Glee’ actor Cory Monteith, 31, died of an overdose of alcohol and heroin.

An autopsy and toxicological analysis found that Monteith died of “a mixed-drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol” on the morning of July 13th at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, where he was later found shortly after midday after having failed to check out of his room. 

The Coroners Service have stated that while the investigation into Monteith’s death is ongoing, no other details will be made available until the full investigation has concluded. The Coroner’s statement concludes by saying:

“It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”

Overnight, representatives for Monteith’s girlfriend and Glee co-star, Lea Michele, issued a statement saying, “Lea is deeply grateful for all the love and support she’s received from family, friends, and fans. Since Cory’s passing, Lea has been grieving alongside his family and making appropriate arrangements with them. They are supporting each other as they endure this profound loss together. We continue to ask the media to respect the privacy of Lea and Cory’s family.”

via British Columbia NewsroomTHR

Photo: Jonathan Leibson via Getty