If you love club music, chilli crab and tropical climates this one’s totally for you. To celebrate ZoukOut’s tenth birthday, one Australian DJ will score the chance to close the weekend by playing a set at leading nightspot, Wavehouse. Dancefloor favourites and Singapore fanatics Bang Gang DeeJays will judge which local DJ has the skills to win the slot, so if you think you have what it takes enter here.
To get you in the mood we asked Bang Gang’s Gus Da Hoodrat and Jaime Doom which ten artists – alive or dead – they’d love to share a bill with. Hint: It wouldn’t hurt to drop a few jams from the below artists in your mix.
1. Daft Punk – Need we explain why? The best electronic music show in the world ever.
2. Bo Diddley – Imagination is a wild thing and I think that this guy could make it clock over in a place of festivity.
3. Gonzales – Charisma charisma charisma…. It oozes from this man, and you could steal some from him when he’s giving it away live.
4. Paul McCartney – Our favourite Beatle. A true pop music experimentalist.
5. LCD Soundsystem – A mind bendingly special set from this genre defying band every time.
6. Midnight Juggernauts – Cos they are our buddies and they know how to party. Properly.
7. Larry Levan – A chance to listen to this man in any environment would be amazing. The sun going down (or up) with him pushing the boundaries of disco is what the Festival Doctor prescribed.
8. Prince – Because the funk needs to be there.
9. Queen – Epic, stadium roaring mayhem…. Yes please.
10. Booka Shade – Deep dance dimensioneering is always a nice thing to do surrounded by loads of other like minded souls.