Travel Community Team Member
Posted 19 Nov 2021
Closes 19 Dec 2021
Dear Future Travel Community Team Member,
Imagine actually getting excited about going to work, what a feeling!
Experience can be great, but it’s not the be all and end all and we don’t only look for people with experience in the travel industry.
When looking at who is best to join our team, we look for individuals that are switched on, sharp and passionate about travel, people and delivering experiences.
We back ourselves to be able to teach you the industry knowledge part.
We look for people that are assertive, ambitious, are excited about getting themselves, and our travellers out of their comfort zone.
Wait a minute, what is a Travel Community Team Member anyway?
This is someone who:
- Cares about international travellers’ experience of Australia
- Wants to have a lasting impact on people’s lives
- Wants travellers to return home and shout from the rooftops that everyone needs to go travelling.
- Truly believes that travel enables people to see the world differently.
You will be able to help travellers from all around the world bring their dream to reality.
Now I know that sounds cheesy but the positive effect our tours and community have on people is astounding. Check our reviews on TripAdvisor if you don’t believe us…
A Travel Community Team Member is there for the traveller every step of the way.
This could be a future traveller sat in Stockholm with questions about travelling Australia, you will be there on a call to answer them.
If, at the end of their Welcome to Travel tour, they’re deciding how long to spend travelling the East Coast of Australia, you’ll be there to help plan their dream trip.
After they have finished travelling, they may come to you for advice on how to find work and guess what? You’ll be there to help find them a job using our employment resources.
We’re with each one of our travellers every step of the way and we want them to have the best experience possible while they’re in Australia.
A Travel Community Member is a huge part of someone’s journey and if you help the traveller have the best journey possible, they will remember you forever.
Ok, a little bit about us…
- We are a full service travel company that has big ambitions.
We run award winning tours in Melbourne, Sydney and the East Coast of Australia for international travellers.
- Our Welcome to Melbourne tour is the number one tour on TripAdvisor. And all 5* reviews…SAY WHAAAAAAT!
- We have had travellers from 37 different countries.
- Been featured on UNILAD
- Worked with some of the world’s best YouTubers.
- We have even had a viral video…Things Never Said By Backpackers.
- We live and breathe travelling and it is our vision to create a world where everyone is encouraged to travel.
We know that the hardest part about travelling is always the start, so we want to make sure each traveller has the best possible experience with us.
Let Us Tell You About The Role
- Although your working week and expectations will be clear, the role will be kept exciting and fresh as no two days are the same.
- The working environment can be dynamic and flexible, it won’t be a clock in and clock out kind of role.
- Our growth to date has been the result of hard work, but also team collaboration. We encourage great ideas from all team members and we are not afraid to implement them/try new things.
- We’ll be working hard to build and serve our community when the borders open up.
You will be:
- Setting up the new travellers admin needs
- Holding virtual and face to face one on ones, both before people travel here and when they’re here in Australia
- Showing people around the City as part of the Melbourne Mini Pack Tour
- Arranging people’s onward travels all around Australia and beyond
- Using our employment resources to help travellers get a job
- The travellers main point of contact
So if you’re passionate about travel, like the sound of working as part of a like minded and progressive team and want to play a positive part in a traveller’s journey, we’d love to hear from you.
Please take the time to write a cover letter that tells us about YOU.
We don’t want the boring stuff, we want the details.
We want you to jump off the page as if you’re actually in the room, telling us about who YOU are and specifically why you think you would be a perfect fit for this role.
If you can’t take the time to do this, then please don’t apply.
We want someone who wants to make a difference in people’s lives and go that extra mile.
We’re looking for someone that is:
- Self-motivated, confident and energetic
- An excellent communicator
- Passionate about travel
- Good organisation skills
- Able to solve problems
- Experience working with people in some capacity, for example in hospitality, tourism or sales*
*This would be a plus but it is not essential.
What we’re offering
- Full time role with salary and bonuses – we want to reward our teams successes.
- Extensive and Ongoing Training and Support – we want you to be the best version of you in this role and we take training very seriously. We will be giving you industry leading training, ensuring you have the knowledge and confidence needed for you to succeed.
- A Driven and Supportive Team – we’re a small but mighty team all looking out for one another to ensure the travellers have the best possible experience.
- Travel Benefits – once you have got to grips with your role, there will be different travel opportunities for you. We can’t let the travellers have all the fun, you deserve to experience this country too.
The application period closes on 12 December 2021 and successful applicants will have heard from us by 23 December 2021, with interviews commencing the week starting 3 January 2022.
The role is currently scheduled to start 7 February 2022, although international travel/border announcements could impact this. This is something we’re happy to discuss with you.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.