Social Media Manager - Arts, Crafts, Food & Beverage - Australian Startup with Social Mission - Going Global
Posted 1 Apr 2021
Closes 1 May 2021
Do you love viral arts, craft and cooking content? Do you obsess over the perfect Instagram grid, spend your afternoons planning flat lays and mastering TikTok challenges? A fully-funded tech startup on a social mission – founded by pivotal leaders of THE ICONIC – is looking for an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic Social Media Manager to join our fast-growing team and make a big impact.
ClassBento is a funded tech platform creating a community marketplace for fun workshops, gift experiences and leisure activities both in-person and online. We currently enable art, craft and food & beverage providers to connect with anyone across Australia wanting to learn everything from flower crown making to cocktail classes; from paint & sip classes to juggling. At ClassBento we’re all about getting people to improve their social and mental wellbeing, learn new skills and discover new passions. We are a close-knit team that is expanding in a high growth culture and environment. When not in lockdown we are based in a lovely art gallery studio in St Leonards (dog friendly too) with a family culture.
About the role
We’re looking for an innovative Social Media Manager who lives and breathes Social. We need someone who always has a camera in their hand, is the first to experiment with new social features, strategic and globally minded and loves engaging with online communities.
As a result of our incredible growth plans for the next few years, this is a brand new role to support the expansion of ClassBento across Australia and overseas. As the Social Media Manager you will bring our social channels to life with playfulness, vibrancy and authenticity. Working collaboratively with our Head of Editorial and our Creative Content Producer, you will be responsible for building our community and exciting workshop lovers with rich content across various platforms.
The Social Media Manager will take full ownership of executing social media campaigns across Instagram, Facebook and Tik Tok and will play a pivotal role in producing engaging and exciting content that promotes our community of teachers and entices new students.
- Producing content for our social media channels and using content created by our producer as well as user generated content to build our social channels (Instagram feed, Reels, IGTV stories and TikTok)
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Increasing our presence and growth across key social channels
- Being at the forefront of driving the brand voice and personality through our social channels
- Community management, communicating proactively with our social following and use social listening, to ensure we are creating content that is relevant and helps grow our following. *Customer support qs will be managed by our Customer service team
- Build an engaged community of micro influencers for ClassBento
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Strategise grassroots engagement & outreach tactics to grow our community
- Build additional capabilities and infrastructure to allow the community to scale seamlessly
- Monitor, manage, optimise and report on community trends, issues, opportunities, growth metrics and KPIs
- Collaborate with other teams, like editorial, creative, marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
As a Social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- 3+ yrs proven work experience as a social media manager
- A portfolio to show your ability to create fun, engaging social content and other assets.
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent creative copywriting skills. Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Deep understanding of social media, recent trends and features to leverage and the ability to put them into practice.
- Ability to produce and edit video, as well as graphic design and create assets.
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy creating social content on a daily basis
- Love meeting new people and building relationships
- Networker / Outgoing
- Test and iterate mentality
- Basic understanding of e-commerce and the marketing funnel.
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Experience of B2B social selling and building communities on Linkedin is a plus.
Why You’ll Love Working at ClassBento
- Cool St Leonards shared office in a plant-filled art gallery. Opportunity to work from home too.
- Extra leave for your Birthday
- Join a talented team with integrity making an impact
- $1k access to experiences
- North Shore location
- Art Gallery office – nothing corporate!
- Accelerated growth potential
- Family Friendly