Social Media Coordinator
NSW - Byron Bay, Lismore & Far North Coast
Posted 30 Mar 2021
Closes 29 Apr 2021
Channel Void is on the hunt for a Social Media Coordinator to join our growing Byron Bay-based team.
Reporting to the Head of Editorial, this is an integral role in upholding the Channel Void vision across all of our social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Tiktok.
The ideal candidate is driven, focused and inherently collaborative. They live and breathe youth culture, and are intuitively tuned in to what’s trending in news and online. They rival Aquarian work ethic and desire to stand out from the crowd, have meticulous attention to detail and 3+ years of experience across the digital realm. They create content rooted in intention and have a deep understanding of how to participate in conversations that look through every lens of being human.
In alignment with our fundamental mission to heal the collective by first healing ourselves, they are intimately involved with all things pertaining to mental, emotional, physical and metaphysical wellbeing. They are also reflective and flexible, able to navigate the chaotic nature of social agency on the internet with a level-head and agility. Digitally self-aware, they know how to combat digital burnout. They understand that we are building more of a community than an audience and engage accordingly. They have a deep understanding of practical allyship.
- Increase community (audience size, conversations and sticky moments) via meaningful organic social content, for Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and Twitter
- Curate and source stunning imagery for social posts and Stories
- Create and edit images, carousels and assets using Canva and Photoshop / InDesign
- Manage social media calendar, including scheduling and posting using Planoly
- Create weekly Reels / TikTok videos in line with editorial strategy
- Boost content and manage ads via Facebook Ads / Instagram Promotions
- Daily CV community engagement (comments, DMs and story responses)
- Daily outbound engagement with potential brands and brand ambassadors (comments and story responses)
- Execute social media content campaigns for external partnerships
- Regular contribution to ‘Things That Work’ and community videos
- Planning, storyboard, scripting and outreach for talent for community videos (weekly)
- Implement and manage video and image social assets for Uncensored.TV / Uncensored ‘X’
- Adhere to KPIs and weekly goals around content interactions, followers and site traffic
- Fundamentally understand and uphold organisational values of allyship, authenticity, dialogue, innovation, accountability and regeneration
Who we are
Our goal is to remove the abrasion of life as a thinking, feeling, sensual entity, by providing a universe of education, tools, art, and entertainment, accessible to every level of awareness. We want to help people feel good, better and incredible in this world. Our interactive world is a place where young people with a void (aka everyone in 2021) come to feel whole, through a holistic healing and self-development experience. We are re-packaging esoteric and ethereal into cool, current and palatable.
We believe that being a young person in 2021 has left a void in heart, mind, body and soul. The nature of many lives today, lacking in ritual, intergenerational mentorship, storytelling and connection to earth, has bred disconnection and dissociation from self and others. We are here to make the connection that was lost with the birth of technology and an instantly “gratifying” way of being. We want to provide young people with tools which we don’t believe were given through traditional and typically conservative education.
If this position description resonates with you, send a CV and cover letter (including your social handles) to email@example.com.