Social Impact Internship
Posted 24 Mar 2020
Closes 23 Apr 2020
At Project Everest Ventures, we believe that tackling huge global challenges won’t be achieved by doing what’s always been done before.
Undertaking an Impact Internship with Project Everest Ventures means learning and applying entrepreneurship, sustainability, and innovative problem-solving to impact real people in the developing world. Not only do we provide real-world work experience, but we combine this with the development of practical soft skills that are integral to every industry, including emotional intelligence, cross-cultural communication, public speaking, leadership and interdisciplinary teamwork.
On an Internship with Project Everest Ventures, you’ll be working with a team of other socially-minded students and local interns developing one of our social ventures overseas in your university break. Our projects are focused on building sustainable communities in alignment with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and cover renewable energy and sustainable fuel, economic empowerment, female sanitation and hygiene, nutrition, and enabling food security.
Real world experience at this grassroots level in a developing country will expose you to challenges and insights that are guaranteed to set you apart from other graduates – all whilst making meaningful and long-term social impact.
Projects that you could be working on include:
- Social Consulting & Microfinance aims to remove barriers to affordable financial and business advice, coupled with micro-financing, to accelerate microenterprises and access to socially beneficial capital amongst local communities.
- Female Sanitation & Hygiene seeks to enable better female sanitation practices, education and opportunities for all
- Solar Consulting & Energy Infrastructure, which aim to enable off-the-grid, household and business access to reliable and efficient alternative energy through small scale solutions.
What can you expect from a Project Everest Internship?
- We’re a certified B Corporation and Social Traders organisation, meaning you’ll be working with leaders in a global movement of people using business as a force for good.
- You’ll be engaging directly with the local community at a range of levels, from running workshops and presentations, to attending meetings with NGOs and government officials.
- You get to live and work alongside a team of 6-8, within a group of up to 40 like-minded legends, with the support of a dedicated, highly trained, and bloody talented leadership team.
- Every day is different, depending on what project you’re working towards and which country you’re working within.
- You’ll be building a competitive edge – our interns have been known to get offered positions higher than the ones they’ve actually applied for, based on support and references from our team, our highly regarded training, and of course the unique and incredible nature of the experience.
- It will be challenging. We don’t believe in hand-holding or interning just to tick-a-box.
The Hard Details
Where: Malawi, India, Fiji or Timor-Leste
When: Our internships run for 4, 8 or 12 weeks, and applications are currently open for the following internship periods:
- 23 November – 19 December 2020
- 03 – 29 January 2021
- 02 – 28 February 2021
On an internship with us, the placement fee covers your accommodation, breakie and dinner on work days, comprehensive travel insurance, work related transport and project expenses, water and utilities, in-country workshops, highly trained leadership, staff and medical and security partners, and any company equipment – which is great! We also offer a flight voucher of up to $1000 to help get you there. For a full breakdown of inclusions and exclusions for your overseas internship with us, please visit our website.
Who are we looking for?
If you’re looking for voluntourism or simply an opportunity to add a line to your resume, then this is not for you. If you are passionate about sustainability and social impact; looking for an experience that’s pretty ‘out-of-the-box’; and you’re up for a challenge (effective international development is no cakewalk…), then we want to hear from you.
We are seeking passionate, socially-minded, and hard-working people to undertake our internships, with the potential for further leadership, business training and graduate opportunities beyond. Be part of the social change and apply for your place now.
- Contact Name: Rose Gooding
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org