Senior Video Producer
Posted 8 Sep 2021
Closes 8 Oct 2021
Pedestrian Group (that’s us!) is Australia’s leading youth-centred publisher. We reach a unique audience of more than 4.16 million Aussies per month. We are home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, Kotaku Australia and Openair Cinemas.
We bring young Aussies the stories they want across all of their interests – from culture to tech, business to gaming, fashion to entertainment, politics to lifestyle. And we create innovative solutions for clients that they won’t get anywhere else. Pedestrian Group is wholly owned by Nine Entertainment Co., Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.
We’re currently on the hunt for a Senior Video Producer to join our tight-knit and talented team in Sydney.
Working alongside the Project Management team and under the management of the Head of Video and Creative Director, you will manage all video components of integrated campaigns from concept to delivery. You must be able to work autonomously and have experience working with a range of budgets and crew sizes. You must have a broad understanding and passion for digital content and be up-to-date on digital trends.
What does this look like day to day?
- Managing and training a small team of Associate Producers
- Working closely with the Head of Video to maintain and update all internal processes and creative reviews
- Working closely with the Senior Content Creator to understand and manage all technical requirements of the video team
- Leading large-scale video campaigns from concept to delivery
- Brainstorming creative ideas for video
- Understanding client objectives and translating these to the Pedestrian tone
- Constructing Video Treatments and storyboards
- Creating and managing budgets
- Creating and managing call sheets
- Sourcing talent, locations, catering for shoots
- Liaise and negotiate with talent and management
- Leading on-set shoots
- Working closely with editors to construct story-lines
- Impeccably managing clients and responding to all of their video-based questions
- Being self-motivated, passionate and inspired
- Managing a Junior Producer
As a Pedestrian Group employee, you will enjoy perks like company events, wellness programs, career development courses and a flexible work-life balance. But most importantly, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues who will encourage you to be your best self.
- Wellness – Our company’s Culture Club organises monthly yoga, meditation and tai chi sessions both virtually and IRL, and provides mental health support to all staff, so we’re all Namaste Positive.
- Health & Fitness – Our Good Sports company initiative gives staff the opportunity to sign up for a seasonal sport of their choosing. Whether that be Netball, Basketball, Dodgeball or even Axe Throwing, it’s up to you!
- Charity & Fundraising – Pay It Forward is Pedestrian Group’s charity and community program, where we use our unique set of skills to help raise funds and awareness for issues affecting Aussie youth.
- Work-life balance – We offer our employees flexible working arrangements and generous leave options for big life events and travel.
- Career Development – We provide our staff opportunities for personal and professional growth. Be that through our monthly guest speaker series PEDTALKS, online learning platforms, or in-person workshops.
- Social Events and Team Bonding – Pedestrian Group offers a variety of opportunities to bond with the team, from team lunches, Friday arvo knockoffs at the local, team activities, company-wide summits or just an ordinary BBQ on the balcony with a DJ and a cheeky marg station (socially distanced of course)
We work hard & party harder!
Working at Pedestrian Group offers you the chance to collaborate with a talented team in a dynamic working environment. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your skills and career with one of Australia’s fastest growing digital media companies.
Around 8 years experience in a similar production lead environment will be viewed preferably. The role is based in Sydney at our Surry Hills HQ.