PR Account Director
Posted 10 Jun 2021
Closes 10 Jul 2021
We are a communications collective where brand identity is explored, challenged, evolved and amplified. We have a national footprint and offices based in Melbourne, Sydney & New Zealand. Our team is made up of PR, marketing, event, creative and digital specialists. Our knowledge and expertise is diverse and comprehensive, with our portfolio of clients extending across retail, fashion, beauty, travel, lifestyle & FMCG.
About the role
We have an amazing opportunity for a strategic and dynamic PR Account Director to join our growing team.
As a PR Account Director at iD you will be responsible for leading creative and strategic thinking across a portfolio of our incredible global & local clients. To be successful in this role it is imperative that you are truly passionate about all things marketing – not just PR, but influencer partnerships, events and social media too.
You’ll be a team player, collaborator and an expert strategist, with the ability to build trust and rapport with your clients. You’ll be a leader and mentor amongst your peers, with the ability to lead a team. You’re proactive, show initiative and you have a strong understanding of the media and influencer landscape.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, that thinks outside of the ‘expected’, and is truly passionate about achieving the best possible results for clients.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have strong, existing media and influencer relationships
- Build client relationships easily and work with exceptional organisational and relationship skills.
- Ensure quality work from the team in order to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Translate client business problems into solutions.
- Be responsible for budget management on accounts and stay ahead of budget issues to ensure account profitability.
- Have the ability to develop and execute dynamic, on brand, creative strategies that excite consumers and clients alike.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends & technology, recognising opportunities to apply these to meet client goals.
- Lead a team by sharing knowledge and assisting in their individual professional growth.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures across your team and recommend improvements where relevant.
- Be driven to secure new business and excited by meeting new potential clients.
- Demonstrate commitment to industry, agency and clients by mastering industry knowledge.
- Identify/integrate new communications capabilities and marketing solutions to ensure we are always evolving as an agency.
Skills and experience
- At least 6 years’ relevant experience.
- A passion for PR & marketing, with proven success working across large-scale clients in a variety of industries.
- Highly organised, with excellent and impressive written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven staff management experience.
- Proven problem-solving skills; thinking on your feet & remaining calm under pressure.
- Experience managing client expectations, issues, deadlines and deliverables.
- Strategic thinker, with a collaborative spirit, to bring new ideas – working towards the best outcome for clients and the agency.
- Experience managing large scale client budgets and expenses.
- Proven success in new business development, identifying prospects and signing on new clients.
- Proven experience presenting to clients, potential new clients & stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, with a positive outlook and dynamic attitude.